Sunday, September 11, 2011

Courage

God is my strength and courage.


Courage is the hallmark of a strong and valiant spirit. It distinguishes men and women in every field of human endeavor. It may glow like a steady flame day in and day out, recognized by everyone, or it may suddenly shine brightly like a brilliant star that had previously gone unnoticed.

Firefighters, police and other public servants show great courage every day. They may feel fearful at times, but they overcome their fear and act with bravery and assurance when others are in need.

I give thanks for these heroes, past and present, who courageously performed their duties at great personal risk. I know that God is with them, now and always, just as God is with me and within me.


Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and gave him strength.--Luke 22:43 (Dailyword.com)