Thursday, August 02, 2012

A Purse by any other name is still a Purse

We have an exciting new class scheduled! Patti will show you how to make a varierty of different looking purses from just ONE pattern. The picture shows just a few of the options you can choose from. Also learn how to make a bonus makeup case to match. You won't be able to make just one. This 3-part class will be offered on Saturdays, beginning October 20th. Call or come in to sign up

Have you seen this adorable Star pillow? Come learn how to make it on Saturday, August 11th - there isn't a separate pattern, so you have to take the class. What a great idea for the all of the Holidays. I would make a few for gifts.

Our class with Lisa, from Primitive Gatherings was a success. Everyone from beginners to pros learned something. They were treated to fun gifts from Lisa, and door prizes from the shop. I already have students asking me about a class next year. If you missed this one, you will want to sign up next year. More details will come, but she already promised to come back. If you missed this year's and would like a kit, we have purchased some for the shop to sell.



I have a bit of an obsession with the following: 

Perhaps it is because I have teenagers. Perhaps it is because it reminds me to stop and take a deep breath sometimes. But most of all, I just love all the different variations. Where did the saying originate?


The poster was created by the Ministy of Information (British Government) in 1939, at the beginning of World War II. It was a propaganda poster designed to lift the morale of the British citizens, in the event of a wartime disaster. The poster was distributed in limited numbers. It has become a popular slogan on many items, with many different variations.

How big is my obsession? Well I ordered this fabric, which should arrive soon. We already have the multi-color version at the store.

SEW-C9601-BLACK
But more exciting is THIS! My new IPhone cover, that I custom ordered-
This might be my new mantra...